Friday, January 22, 2010

Diabetic Snack List What Can A Diabetic Eat?

What can a diabetic eat? - diabetic snack list

My friend spent the night next week and I have just the diagnosis of diabetes. Still is not controlled, and is a little sick, but I want to do something for him for dinner, and something for breakfast, when it approaches. I was wondering if anyone knows a good recipe or ideas for breakfast and dinner.

I know that fruits and vegetables are suitable for diabetics, and I know you only need to pay attention to portion control if you eat something with lots of sugar and all, but there are good snacks are inside the ground with a little sugar, and it's really good?

I just want to ensure I have something like that. I tried to ask what they can eat / drink, but said nothing, and is not a direct answer and I do not know much about him and can not find much on the lists of sandwiches or something.

Thanks in advance!

3 comments:

TheOrange Evil said...

Do not go "well balanced, less sugar." Diabetes is much more than sugar.

In addition, it has succeeded friend. Controlled diabetes can small amounts of low glycemic index grip (foods not raise blood sugar rapidly or very high), fruit and berries, but since your friend is not still in control, He likes fruits.

Avoid sugar, noodles, bread, rice, potatoes, corn, and no carbohydrates.

For breakfast, bacon, eggs and sausage be all right. You could a tortilla with cheese and mushrooms.

Would be for lunch, meat, cheese and vegetable dish with a sauce is delicious.

For dinner without bread with cheese (no tomato sauce!), Chicken (not fried) and vegetables, fish size, with tartar sauce, so that everything would work.

For snacks, celery and cream cheese, cheese and nuts, filling and good for diabetics.

Then go ahead and buy meat, cheese, vegetables, sauces (see carb number on the back), and a box of nuts.

Good luck. :)

crazyowl said...

Your friend can eat everything in moderation, there is no need for portion control keep things simple, a lot of sugar to a minimum. Bananas are the result of perhaps as in fructose, a natural sugar that is absorbed slowly, there are rumors that the banana is the regulation of blood sugar, but I have not been confirmed. Snacks I am diabetic and have simple things like a slice of toast sticks, crackers, nuts, fruit Hope this helps

Kiki said...

He was also recently diagnosed exactly what he can not answer your question, because I am still learning what to eat and not me. I just wanted to say you are very nice, helpful and very regardless of his friends from the delicate needs. It is very commendable of you!

Post a Comment